Job Seeker's Workshop
You are here:
Choosing A Career
Firstly... make sure you have looked at the exercise "Decisions... Decisions..."
Write down YOUR story, and then answer these questions again...
Has your decision been affected by:
- do you know enough about yourself - your interests, abilities, personality, etc.?
- have you enough information about the options you are considering (work and study)?
- have you sought the advice of other people?
- are you taking into account only present considerations, or are you thinking of the future?
- have you reached a decision yourelf, or have you been forced into it in some way?
- what your friends think of your actions?
- the expectations of your parents?
- probably incorrect information which "someone" has told you?
- trouble with, or a dislike of, your present situation?
- little or no guidance from others?
- taking the "easy" way out?
- traditional stereotypes i.e. "that's no job for a girl"?
Do you need more help? Look here!
Back to Choosing a Career index.