Job Seeker's Workshop
You are here:
2. Job Info
4. Job Search
8. EVEN MORE JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS...
State what is good OR bad about each response to each of these questions.
What reaction is the interviewer likely to have to each response?
Why did you choose this job/career?
- I've always enjoyed being with people and I thought being a receptionist would suit me.
- It was the only thing I could get into at the time.
- I wanted a job in which I could us my hands to make things.
- My father was a banker and he always expected me to follow in his footsteps.
- It pays well, doesn't it?
- I didn't get into medicine or law.
- I felt it was an area in which I could contribute to the world.
- It has good holidays.
- I like working with cars and get great satisfaction from fixing them.
- I think this type of job offers me much scope for variety.
Why do you want to leave your present job?
- I have enjoyed my time at N.O.Hopers, but I feel it is time to move on to new challenges.
- I hated it there-they made me work too hard.
- I find that my main interest is in selling. Working at Stag Nates doesn't offer much scope in that area.
- I would like to get out before they sack me.
- I would like to work with a smaller firm because I feel it would give me more experience.
- I'm bored there.
- I think I deserve more pay.
- I want to move to Darwin because my girlfriend is here.
- I think this firm needs me.
- I'm happy where I am but I think working here would be even better.
How long would you stay with us?
- I haven't thought that much about it.
- I'm sure my future lies in a firm such as this.
- Probably until I find something better.
- I would like to settle into the job for at least four years and see how things go from there.
- I value security in a job so I would like to stay with the firm for a long time.
- That obviously depends on how things go-whether I'm suited to the firm and the firm to me, but I'd like to think that it would be at least five or six years.
- Until I get pregnant. Have you got a maternity leave plan?
- As long as I'm enjoying working and contributing something useful to your firm.
- Most probably until I retire.
- Who knows???
What are your weaknesses?
- I haven't really got any.
- I do have a tendency to get impatient with inefficiency, but I try not to let it affect my work.
- I've never really thought much about it.
- I steal things.... sometimes.
- I would like to be more organised in some things, such as....
- I'm shy when I first meet people but I can relax after a while.
- I don't think that I have any significant weaknesses which could affect my job, but I do have to be careful not to hurt people with my honest approach.
- I don't know... what are yours?
- I'm a little slow in adapting to new things.
- I'm a failure. I really can't do anything right.
Now... what questions do you think you need to ask?
Return to Job Interviews index.